Monday, May 30, 2011

Oooo BABY I LIKE IT RAW!

After my fateful first performance, the delectable Paul Ash approached me and said "You know, I think you would be perfect for the dirty show." What a compliment! As it turns out, I am in Windsor visiting the family on the day of the show so I couldn't make it. Damn! First I miss Sugar Sammy, now I'm missing "the dirty show!" I think I'm cursed. Curse-ed I tell ye! However, Blue Monday IS happening CE SOIR, hosted by Paul Ash himself, and it promises to be NASTY!

CONCERNING VULGARITY
I don't know how other people live, but me? I'm foul. I openly laugh at taboos, anything sacred and just pure nonsense. I believe that the psychological function of comedy is to reduce stress levels and social anxiety, as is clearly demonstrated in the nervous laugh. If someone falls down in public, you will hear a few laughs amid the sympathetic awwwws. Or the laugh of indignation, Ha! That's preposterous! But a really good gut busting laugh is what I'm talkin 'bout here! And the function of said laughter is the same, only a megatrillion times more powerful.

We want to laugh, HARD, at our own discontents. A joke that really touches the soul is one that reveals hidden truths, the unspoken and common knowledge of life's absurdity. Also, the dark crevasses of human nature that crave debauchery and destruction. These are the jokes that make us laugh until we cry. Bodily functions, sexual reproduction and violence are not funny as such; but ain't it funny how much of our daily laughter is derived of them? I even love that feeling when you don't want to laugh cause its too foul, but you know you re still smiling on the inside!!!!! I don't believe in repression  in any capacity, not feelings, or ideas and certainly not laughter!

So its OK to laugh people! No one is being harmed by a little indulgence of the darkness. Think of all the psychological benefits you will reap! Hard laughter scales away the layers of resentment (from the metro, bixies and livin  enough for the city). You will feel a sense of community as you share in and totally agree with  some basic human truths. And just hearing all of that filth will prevent you from accidentally blurting out a repressed word during a turkey dinner with the kids. I vote yes! for vulgarity!

Tonite is the night! Your portal to the comedic underworld is KATACOMBES. Appropriate to your headliner, Devil Dan Derkson. I would especially want to see Trevor Forestell get crazy! I hope the comics get real loose and heal the whole audience!!!!!

It's May 30th, 8:30 pm. 1635 St. Laurent, $10 (I probably should'nt post this all over the internet, but if you read this blog you deserve it! Mention my name at the door and tickets are two for one!!!!!)

As for me, I will be stuck in Windsor, literally watching the tadpoles become frogs. City people, eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment