Monday, May 9, 2011

UNDER COVER AND OFF THE HOOK!!!!

Saturday night was the bomb dot com! Maybe I was just so used to seeing the old Too Much crew in a loft through 3 feet of smoke but this show felt ....real? Stripper poles and a DJ booth always get the party started right but there was also a serious energy to the whole event that I had never felt before (but then again, I don't get out much, that's why I blog.)

I admit to being wary about arriving at such a non-descript entrance with a home made skirt and a 20$ ticket in hand, but as soon as I climbed that stairway to heaven I was presented with 5 free beer tickets!!! KILLER! The club was really nice and open, it comfortably accommodated a band and a bunch o' comedians and all those wacky hipsters of the plateau. I also particularly enjoyed the leather bench seats against the walls. Those seats were chillin' and I like chillin'. Especially in the corner.

UNCLE BAD TOUCH opened up, which was a nice touch, it really got the crowd....opened up. (Like my incredible range of vocabulary?!?!? Then check me out at FAILBLOG.NOT)
PAPI, my trusty consort grabbed us a couple of beers which he would later use to decipher the ways of the white people. Though I am more of a P Funk kind of girl, I can dig their tunes man. I could hear that they had a sound and that the sound was good. I'm just saying I could have danced, it was that good.
The comedy ensued to a cacophonous crowd. The crowd was so loud it felt like a cloud that threatened to swallow the comics (I'm Seussin' dig it) But the comics fought back, cracking their cracks and the crowds fell into histrionics. BAM!

 On a serious tip,  it was the weirdest thing, everyone appeared to be talking all loud and shit  but they laughed on cue and they laughed a lot as if they were listening. Either the beer and band had set such a rude precedent as talking all the way through a stage performance or those god damned cellular telephones are truly ruining the minds of the youth!!! Now I'm going off on a tangent. Maybe I'm just not used to so many people in one space I forget that all that pre-fuck chatter is loud when its like 50 people at once, but for real, show some respect for like 30 minutes!

Despite having to shout it out, George and the boys killed it, like professionals, as always. They used the rowdyness to their advantage, matching the energy of the crowd. It really felt like a comedy show cause the crowd was so pumped. A shout out to Morgan O'Shea for his altercation with the Iranian, and to Steven Spinola for kickin' it mad quilty. Aw, yeah. This IS how slang begins. I really hope to see more shows here because the energy is awesome and its centrally located.

In the end, we only drank 2 out of 5 beers so I passed my tickets along and ran my ass to the metro like Cinderella at midnight. Except it was 1 am and my pumpkin was the last metro, plus  I was wearing heels so I really just hobbled.......WAIT, the point of the story is that I was so drunk off those 2 beers that I somehow managed to delete all of the pictures that I took, and THAT is why you have to use your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment